Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Count your blessings

Ok so I have to confess that not everything in life has been crappy lately. Saturday was a really bad day and I just had to vent.

I had to come back and list some good things that have happened over the past few days and maybe looking at these little things can help change my point of view.

1. Saturday we were invited to our neighbors campground for the afternoon. They took us out on their boat and we enjoyed just being out there. They also invited us to stay for dinner, which meant that I didn't have to cook or use up one of the meals I had planned and paid for. It's in the freezer to be cooked sometime this week.

2. Sunday they had us back. We went out to breakfast at one of the state parks around here. Because it was Father's Day Phil got to eat for free, and me and the kids got a made to order breakfast for only $11. Not to shabby.

3. We went back to their campground and again were invited to stay for dinner. Yet another meal I didn't have to prepare or pay for.

4. Monday Phil brought the truck to the same neighbors garage to get the tire on the car looked at. Walmart told me it couldn't be fixed and I need a new tire. The vehicle is brand new and tires for it are almost $200 a piece. At the neighbors garage they looked at it and said it COULD be patched. Now we don't know how long it will last for but this buys us some time so we can save up for it. Hopefully it will hold out until we need new tires, as they are expensive and as I said the tires are practically brand new.

5. My mom just told me that she would give me $225 towards a crib for the baby. The one I want is $300 and my BIL works for the store that sells it so we can get an additional 10% off. That leaves us to pay for roughly $50-$60 of the crib. This is definitely a blessing as our crib was left in NY and got destroyed by black mold. I didn't want to risk putting my child in that at all.

Sometimes it so easy to get wrapped up in the bad or big things that go on we tend to overlook the little blessings in our lives.

Not that we still can't use all the prayers we can get because we're still walking the line here but not everything is miserable.
Next week we will be taking a trip to my grandmother's house for a week so hopefully that will give us some time to escape and relax life for a while. She's always so great to us while we are there. They provide all the food and we are able to sleep at their house so really the only cost we incur in gas money for the ride up and back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home