Friday, June 25, 2010

26 weeks

I went to the doctor's yesterday for an appointment and for my diabetes test.

Boy was that fun! Thankfully they planned my appointment on the same day so that helped make some of the time go by. I had to sit there for 3 1/2 hrs with 2 1/2 kids while they poked and prodded me every hour. The worst part of the whole thing is that drink. I chugged what must have been a 12 ounce of that vile sugary liquid that was warm by the way, because someone forgot to fill the fridge with it. Half hour later I was sitting in the room waiting for my appointment and I felt like I was gonna puke. I got all shaky and gross feeling. Talk about a fun day. Then they tell me that I have a Bladder infection and have to be on meds for 7 days.

The doctor is super nice so really I am just being over dramatic here but he says to me "Are you peeing alot more lately?" "Do you have any pressure?" I'm thinking duh I have a baby in there of course I pee alot. But I didn't say that quite like that. Perhaps that's why my lower back has been achy and I have had kind of a pain in my side. And here I thought it was the baby all this time. So they gave me some super cool meds that turn me pee super cool colors. It looks as if someone dumped Mountain Dew in the toilet. TMI? Probably but like I said before this is mostly for my sake. : )

The baby is measuring at 27 cm which is a week ahead of where I should be. Which really stinks because no matter what it seems I will be going into labor yet again. So much for a "planned" birth. I have 3 lbs....well 2.7 to be exact. It's my only weight gain this pregnancy so far and I really think I gained it all this past week trying to follow that special "high carb" diet for my test. Clothes that fit last week are allowing some belly to show through from the bottom this week. And lets face it, I didn't show my belly before I had kids so who would want to see it now.

I am still the only one who has felt her move so far. Emma has tried to feel her but gets very impatient. Ashley tried once with no luck, Ethan could care less, and Phil hasn't even tried....it freaks him out more then amazed him so I think he is skipping it this time around.

She wiggled her little body into place this morning. I saw her rock back and forth until she got comfy and then stopped. So cute!

My next appointment I get to schedule my 3D, 4D ultrasound. I thought I had to be 30 weeks but they said I have to be 31 weeks along. So 5 more weeks I wait even though I probably really am 27 weeks along since her growth is ahead and consistent.

My next appointment is my last "every 4 week appointment". That's crazy to me. She will be here before we know it. This pregnancy really has flown by and it's helped that the morning sickness was not as severe as it was with my other two. Heck I am already into my 3rd trimester and I didn't even know it. That is so crazy to me.

In other news, as I sit and prepare for her arrival I am celebrating my own arrival into this world today. AT 12:51 pm I made my appearance into this world 30 years ago. Is that even possible? 30 years ago today my mom was in labor with me. Woah! 30 years seems like such a long time ago and I really don't feel like I'm that old. I kid about being old but I don't really feel that way. Turning 30 almost makes things legitimate. People probably still won't believe I am 30 (everyone says I look really young) but it's like I am a real true grown up now. Does that make any sense at all?

On a side note for everyone else....6 months to Christmas. lol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home