Friday, February 5, 2010

Comments from the peanut gallery

I have been trying to train my 2 yr old to use the potty before this new one arrives. He was very interested a few months ago and then got tired of the idea. So I let it go because quite honestly, I know he would do it when he was ready.

Then I saw this neat little gadet.

http://www.pottytimeinc.com/

It's called the potty watch. And it has a countdown timer that you can set for 30, 60, 0r 90 mins and then lights blink and it plays a little song for you....reminding you it's time to use the potty. When I saw it I had to have it. Well it came in the mail today and honestly, its been the best tool I have ever seen. Because he's just starting out we set it for every 30 mins. And each time it plays the song he says "it's potty time" and comes and finds me. We then proceed to the bathroom so he can attempt to do his business. Sometimes he goes, sometimes he doesn't. But he is willing to try and that's all that matters. He has one accident while we were using it and it's my fault. I gave him a sippy right after he tried going potty and 20 mins later it hadn't processed enough for him to have to go. So he did what kids do and went in his pants. But we're off to a good start.

This last time he was on the potty I said to him "wow your such a big boy...not a baby boy anymore." And he then says to me "So the baby in yours belly is a girl then?" HAHAHAHAHAHA! How in the world did he process that through? I don't understand how a 2 yr old can think like that. It amazes me...and I love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home