Tuesday, February 2, 2010

6th sense

Anyone who knows me knows I am not a HUGE animal lover. Well truth is I like little animals but when it comes to big dogs, bid messes, big food bills...I am SO over it. We have a little 10 lb pomapoo who I got after my first miscarriage. She sleeps in bed with us every night.

Just recently we adopted a 3 yr old cat from a shelter to help with the mice when we lived in the country. Now that we moved he is obviously still with us, and I must say one of the best cats we have had. He also sleeps in bed with us every night. Normally he sneaks under the covers and finds a spot down by our feet to curl up and dream the night away.

That is...until I got pregnant. Now he chooses to sleep curled up right against my stomach. It always amazes me how perceptive animals are. How in the world does he know that there is something different?

It's like when we had our lab Haley. She knew when I was going to miscarry before I even started to. A few days before it happened she would follow me around constantly sniffing at me, and she would come and lay her head on my legs and just stay there. This wasn't normal behavior for her. She knew something wasn't right. I thought it was just my imagination but it happened both times and she never acted that way again.

It's like animals have a 6th sense. I have heard stories of how they will freak out before storms are even in sight etc. It just amazes me.

So as I start on this journey I have Tucker the cat, right there curled up in his "new home at night" for the next 9 months. It will be interesting to see what he does when the belly starts to kick him. Hahahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home