Friday, June 3, 2011

All signs point to the mountain

My friend who lost her baby had an amazing God experience just a few days after receiving the news of a little life gone to be with God.
She wanted to realase a balloon in honor of the baby and was telling her husband about it but realized there wouldn't be any time to do anything like that before she left for a trip with the her girlfriends. So she thought she would do it when she got back. Then one night she was woken up by afwul cramps and new the process of passing the remains would soon begin. She couldn't go back to sleep and lay there thinking of that baloon and how she wished she could release a disney balloon one with the Mickey head inside another balloon. But they cost alot and it was late at night and she had a conference the next day so she knew that it would be impossible. The next day after the conference she went to dinner with her friends and they talked and laughed and ate. When they left she looked over towards the van and there much to her surprise was one of the balloons she wanted....and it was tied to her door handle. And to top it off, it wasn't typical Disney colors....it was pink. No one knew of her wishes to purchase that paticular balloon and nevermind that, not one of her friends even left the table that night. The balloon was heaven sent...and to top it off God revealed the sex of the baby through the balloon color. Of all the colors available she got a pink one tied to HER door handle. Amazing! God does care about the little things.

I have to be honest I kind of sat envious of this as I've asked God for physical signs like this before and nothing has happened. A while back I was praying and looking outside and saw all these birds at the neighbors bird feeder. I asked God that if He was going to provide for us the money we needed that week if He could please have one of those birds land on my railing. Well it never happened, and guess what...the money didn't come either. God said no.

Yesterday I was praying telling God I was a little jealous of her sign and how nice that would be, but sort of just brushed it off and said "oh well that's just not in the plan for me."

Then everything I read yesterday spoke to me.

First a post by Joyce Meyer that was odd. It wasn't a quote or a long phrase as she usually posts it was one simple sentence. "God isn't mad at you." I knew that was speaking right to me. I've dealt with so many feelings of letting Him down. For not doing good enough. In fact I've prayed about this for well over a year now.

Then as I was doing dishes I put on my Pandora player on my Android. The first song to come up was "Believe me now" by Steven Curtis Chapman Here's the lyrics:

I watch you looking out across the raging water
So sure your only hope lies on the other side
You hear the enemy that's closing in around you
And I know that you don't have the strength to fight
But do you have the faith to stand and...

Believe Me now
Believe Me here
Remember all the times I've told you loud and clear
I am with you and I am for you
So believe Me now
Believe Me now

I am the One who waved my hand and split the ocean
I am the One who spoke the words and raised the dead
And I've loved you long before I set the world in motion
I know all the fears you're feeling now
But do you remember who I am?
Do you..

Believe Me now
Believe Me here
Remember all the times I've told you loud and clear
I am with you
And I am for you

So believe Me now
Believe it's true
I never have, I never will abandon you
And the God that I have always been
I will forever be
So believe Me now

I am the God who never wastes a single hurt that you endure
My words are true, and all My promises are sure
So believe Me now




Hmmmm. Was God speaking to me or was this a coincidence. Often times I think that God really couldn't be speaking to me. That this was just happen chance.
Until I logged onto Facebook and clicked on the "God wants you to know" app. Here is God wanted me to know that it may seem dark at the moment, but don't lose hope. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep moving and you'll get there. God won't abandon you; let God be your light. It may take some time, but in the end, everything will be alright.

Again the emotions I have been feeling are not adding up, stuck in a cave, down, depressed, alone. This spoke to all the things I had been feeling but really didn't voice. Of course they are in my own personal journal but I never spoke them out loud to anyone.

Then last but not least I went to my daughter's room last night and stopped and opened the shades (which were drawn to keep out heat) and looked outside. Much to my amazement there was a bird sitting on my railing. Immediately God brought back to mind my request of having a bird land on the railing if He was going to work it out. And even more amazing, there were not any other birds to be found anywhere. Not one. And to top it all off, the little bird that sat upon the railing was a sparrow. A tiny little sparrow. I just happened to have my phone one me so I snapped a picture as a reminder, that God does hear. He does care, even about the small stuff. After I snapped the picture the sparrow flew away. Far away.




His eyes ARE on the sparrow, and He does watch and care for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home