Thursday, April 7, 2011

God's Promises and the faith of a child.

Romans 10:17 Consequently faith comes from hearing the word, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Matthew 18:20 For where two or three come together in my name, there I am with them. Psalm 5:3 In the morning Lord you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Philipians 4:6 Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Matthew 21:22 If you believe, you will receive anything you ask for in prayer. Matthew 6:25-34 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat what you will drink; nor about your body what you will put on. Is not life more then food and the body more then clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value then them? Which of you by worrying can add an hour to your life? So why do you worry about clothing? See the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin,; and yet I say to you not even Solomon in all his splendor was not dressed as one of these. Now if God clothese the grass of the field, which is hear today, and gone tomorrow, will He not much more clothe you? O you of little faith. Therefore do not worry saying what will we eat? or what will we drink? or what will we wear? For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Fathers knows you need these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


I stood at my daughter's window this morning after she left for school and I was watching the birds eat from the neighbor's bird feeder. I was praying that the Lord bring the $5,000 we need to catch up and get food.


My 4 yr old son walked into the room and asked "mommy who are you talking to?" I replied "God" He asked "what are you talking to Him about? You should talk to Him like this (eyes closed hands folded)" I said " I was asking God to help us get money to pay our bills." He replied "well I will pray to God for that." And he took my hand, closed his eyes and said "God please give my mommy money to pay our bills. Amen." Then he looked at me and said "there mommy it's all done. The mailman is in heaven right now getting the money from God and he will bring it to us today." "Can we go play now?"


I see what the Lord is saying when he tells us to be like a child. My son asked, kept it short and sweet, believes it will happen and moves on. Not a care in the world. I asked for it, so it will happen. WOW! What a lesson from watching this little guy. Exactly as God would have us do. Ask, believe, and move on.


I know God heard him. I know God was there with us. This is the first time I've actually had two people joined together to pray about this. And surprisgnly when he was finished I had this peace wash over me. I am excited to see what the Lord will do.


God help me to seek you first, and trust that all others things will be added if I do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home