Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rockin' Robin

As I've been agonizing over our situation lately I've been reading, praying, asking for forgiveness trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

One thing I had read in Marilyn Meberg's book "God at your wit's end" is that God knew this would happen. This is no surprise to God. I haven't ruined God's plan for my life. I haven't screwed up so bad that God's up there in heaven saying "well she ruined plan A, let me sit here and figure out a plan B." Every choice I have made, God knew about before I took a breath. This IS all part of the plan. Though it doesn't make sense to me it's not a shock to God. And He loves me anyway. How great is that?

All this week I have been seeing robins. Now really, it's freezing out still. Everything is cold and dead and depressing. Then out of nowhere 3 days ago there were two little robins sitting on my porch.
Yesterday I look out the window there was another one who flew in to make himself known to me then off he went.
Again this morning as I was doing dishes I look out my window and who flies in? A robin. He does a few hops and off he went.
All these sighting are when I am casually talking to God telling Him how anxious I am over this situation. How it all just seems so impossible right now. How I feel like I just can't take this anymore.
Now I'm not superstituous. I don't believe in horoscopes etc. But I do believe things in nature have meaning. God can speak to us through His creation. Especially in a time when I feel so low. Everywhere I go the past few days the robin is there. So I decided to look up what the symbolism of a robin is. Here's what I found.

Animal symbolism of the Red Robin - A quick-list:

Joy
Hope
Clarity
Renewal
Pleasure
Simplicity
Happiness
Satisfaction
Rejuvenation
Contentment
Bright future
New beginning

These are all qualities I think I've been lacking for the past few years. Interesting to say the least. It gives me hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home