Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beyond my control

How much more can one person take? Phil started school last week. We were supposed to get money from the VA for the GI Bill he paid into, which would cover costs and we'd actually make a little bit. Except, they changed the rules....now we won't see money until September. Our computer is on the fritz. Our monitor keeps popping up with a "contrast" window, when we looked into it it says that this happens when the monitor is dying. The cpu already died and we got an old one from my dad for now. The computer is 10 yrs old so I guess it's time, but why now? The keyboard is only typing the letters it feels like typing. Making blogging extremely hard but making paper writing for school nearly impossible. My coffee pot broke. It's heating the water too much causing all the water to evaporate rather then percolate. My car is not running right. It's going in the shop next Tues because this is the earliest they could take it in. We only have one car and they won't give us a loaner vehicle. We can't afford a rental. We have a crack in our windshield. My daughter has been eating at school everyday because I don't have money to buy lunches. The bill came in. I can't pay it. She won't be able to eat there anymore. We make $300 to much to qualify for free or reduced lunch. She brought bread with honey on it for lunch. She had toast for breakfast. I pray someone has mercy on her and shares food with her. This is not her fault. We have an allotment set up for our HSA account. I've been paying the medical bills this way. Come to find out, for some reason the money isn't in the account. All my medical bills are now in collections. Medical bills that I wouldn't have if some stupid doctor hadn't butchered my body. How do you keep from feeling despair? How do you not get depressed? My checking account reads -$11. We get paid Thursday, today is Tuesday. Because we have fallen behind we are out of the programs that reduced payment on some of our bills. This puts us behind another $1,000. We need $6,000 just to catch up. Whether this is true or not, this is how I feel. People have told me for months that God provides. Except, I haven't seen it. We haven't had money for food since November so I have been buying food instead of paying bills. I would think that it's not in Gods will for one to forclose on a house and also go bankrupt. Except this is essentially what happend to Job. So maybe it is God's will. But why? Why is there one valley after another? I am ready for the mountain. God can provide my needs, but he hasn't. God could have provided a buyer for our house that was for sale for 2 yrs. But He didn't. Not even one offer. God could send someone to help us, but He hasn't. How do you explain that? People tell me I need to tithe. I have given 10% or more on everything I've made and still I'm here 3 days before payday with no money or food. I've given out of my need.....and I have nothing left. Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you. I come to God everyday, begging for Him to hear me. Begging Him to answer me. Silence. I can't do this anymore. I can't live like this. Applied to 8 online jobs. All have been declined. I have no way to list anything on ebay. Our card reader broke and I don't have money to get a new one. Faith is believing even when the circumstance seems impossible. My circumstance is impossible. There is no way to fix this unless God does it. The only way this will work out is if God does something amazing. I sure hope He does.

2 Comments:

At April 13, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be honest, your situation is not peculiar to you alone; it is much more common than you think. And I really do not think tithing would be the way out as there is simply no scriptural evidence to support that.

This calls for a more practical approach to handling finances and from personal experience I know that once you take the step in the right direction, God helps you through. There are a lot helpful money management tips on the internet and this blog is one of them http://seekwisdomfindwealth.blogspot.com/.

God bless.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 5:50 AM , Blogger Andi said...

Savedbygrace

I have recenty come to the same conclusions about tithing after much research. I found that no where in the Old Testament did people have to give money to God. It was always a food, or animal tithe. And tithing is under the old law. Since Christ came and died for us we are under the new law. I had struggled with the whole tithing priniple for years as most say you have to tithe because it's God's will. Now I've been giving where God leads. I set aside the 10% off of what I make and if God speaks to me to give it to someone or do a certain thing with it then that's what I do.

I in no way feel like I am the only one in this situation. I know there are many who are just like me. The frustrating part was that we didn't buy a house that was out of our price range. But when my husband lost his job we had to take a job where one came up. This forced us to move out of state. We were able to carry the house for a while with our savings but now 2 yrs later it's still sitting there and we can no longer pay for it. Also this new job has a salary $30,000 less then his old job. We got rid of our second car, we rent a smaller house. We have cut back. Also I had a doctor mess up my second c-section and only found out after having my third baby. Because of this we have many more procedures that had to be done along with bladder repair surgery because of the last doctors mistake. This is not my fault. Because we used up savings on a house that we are not living in that did not sell we are up the creek.
Seems as if everyday something else breaks or goes wrong that we don't have money for. I don't have money to keep food on the table nevermind pay bills.
I will check out that website for sure. Life is just confusing and trying at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home