Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Your probably sick of seeing them

.....but here are the pics from the ultrasound. Thank God Phil didn't get called in. He was able to come and see this with me. Can I just say how amazing God is. That this perfect little being is inside of me right now. I am just in awe at how perfect she is. There's just something about seeing her, very real looking yet still inside. It will definitely help the next 6 weeks fly by. I stare at her pictures everyday.













This isn't even half of them but enough to get the point.

The girl loves having her foot in her face or that hand up by her face. I have a feeling she won't like swaddling.
A couple things I want to remember is that she was using my placenta as a pillow. She had her little face pressed up against it for a good portion of the time. The tech had me rolling from side to side to get her to move so he could get better pics. Of course she was super active the whole ride there and all tuckered out during the ultrasound so we had to "wake" her up. I saw her sucking and getting ready for real food in there. Except she was suckling on my placenta. EWE! But I guess she has to practice on something. Right now she is breech (32 weeks 4 days), but this really doesn't matter a whole lot for me since I am having the c-section anyway. Her head was on my right side with her legs up by her face so that explains why my ribs are so sore.
The tech scared me for a minute because he asked if we knew what we were having and I said they told me a girl. He double checked for us, but in the old fashioned black and white image. When he did that he didn't say girl or boy he just kept saying and here's the gender. I kept thinking "oh no they were wrong and it's a boy." Which would have been fine but at this point there would have been alot of disappointment just because I have it so ingrained that it's a girl. Finally he said...."its a girl". Ahhhh.....relief.

I went to Insight Imaging in Monroeville Pa and it was really, really nice. The atmosphere was perfect, they had toys in the room for the other kids to play with which kept Ethan occupied the whole time. And the image was projected on this huge movie screen in front of us so we wouldn't miss a thing. It was awesome. They gave me a cd with tons of pictures, a dvd set to music of the whole experience and also printed out 4 pics. They also gave me a goody bag of formula, coupons, magazines etc when we left. It was just an amazing experience. I am so thankful Janice did this for us.

In other news I went to the doctor that same day. Fully clothed I weighed in at 149.2 lbs which means I gained about 6 lbs so far. I also had a high white blood cell count in my urine which meant another infection, which turns out to be the culprit in the excessive cramping, pressure etc. I always feel like an idiot because they ask "does it burn when you pee?" like this is the for sure way to tell you have an infection. But for me it isn't. I don't get burning at all. They put me on more meds for a week so hopefully that will take care of business. I was actually in a lot of pain last night. After I would pee I would get awful pain in my bladder for about a half hour later. Hopefully, that won't happen today since I have been on the meds for 24 hours now. My next appointment is August 23rd. This will be my last 2 week appointment : 0 They should be putting me on the schedule for the c-section at that time as well. At least then I'll have a solid day, we'll just have to be sure I make it until then.

We are nearing the end. I will never again be pregnant (that is unless God surprises us in the future). Sad, but at the same time a relief. Pregnancy is a rough road especially when you have other kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home