Monday, July 26, 2010

Look at this

From my Facebook app "God wants you to know."

On this day of your life, Andi, we believe God wants you to know ... that the great advantage of having nothing is that everything becomes a gain.
Losing everything is at the same time the scariest, as well as the most liberating experience you can have. When you have something, - anything, you've got to protect it from disappearing. And so worry becomes a resident in your heart. When you've got nothing, your heart overflows with gratitude for every offering you receive.

That's kind of crazy considering the month we have had.

And that last night I had a dream that there were a bunch of moths eating all of our stuff. Could the priorities have been wrong in our lives?

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:20

I've always loved to shop for clothing. It's my "drug" of choice. Granted I like to get good deals on things but maybe that was an area in my life that was out of whack. I haven't bought anything in about a month now since we have been short every pay check and can't even pay the bills. Maybe God is forcing me to look at this area in my life.

Who would have thought? I never really assumed the problem was mine. You always go to the other person at first glance. In my head I thought maybe we were being punished for Phil not following as he should. Isn't that always the way? Blame the other person? But lately I keep getting these scriptures sent to me that seem to be saying otherwise. I've also gotten a few sent to me on discipline.

Kind of crazy because here I was asking for forgiveness for things that I thought I had done wrong. The reality is that it was something totally different.

Prov 3:11-12 (NIV) My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

Prov 15:5 (NIV) A fool spurns his father's discipline, but whoever heeds correction shows prudence.

Job 5:17-18 (New International Version)

17 "Blessed is the man whom God corrects;
so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. [a]

18 For he wounds, but he also binds up;
he injures, but his hands also heal.

That's alot to think about right there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home