Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If God is in Control Why is My Life Such a Mess?

I listen to Christian radio quite often and one of the preachers on there is Michael Youssef. While I was at the library trying to find some new reads I came across a book written by him called "If God is in Control Why is My Life Such a Mess? Experiencing God's Sovereignty During Dark and Difficult Day."

I have to admit I was kind of embarrassed to check it out. I even read the title and passed over it a few time before picking it up off the shelf and bringing it to the desk. Even then I was shy about getting it. After all I know God is with me right now but my life does seem like one big mess.

I began reading it last night off and on and now I am on page 58. There is a paragraph in here that really spoke to me just now and I want to remember this.

It reads:

"Until you are willing to risk everything in trust of God's provision, you have not learned to live by faith. If everything in your life is calculated, comfortable, and safe you have not learned what it is to live by faith. By prior experience Elijah had learned to trust totally in God's provision."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home