Monday, August 23, 2010

34 weeks and 4 days

Got my date. September 24th at 8:00 a.m. Don't think I will make it to that date but really only God knows.

I have stayed the same as far as weight goes just a few ounces gained. 149.4 on their scale. Baby is still doing well.

In other news I text my parents and sisters and brothers to let them know when the date is. I get a text back from my mom that says nothing but "IN THE HOSPITAL" all in caps because she always texts in all caps. So I don't feed into it and responded "oh ok just wanted to let you know the date of the c-section."

A few mins later she calls me and says I am sitting in the hospital on the 4th floor (because that matters?) and I don't know if I am supposed to use my phone but wanted to let you know I have blood in my urine and it's not an infection and there is a spot on my liver so they think it's cancer. I didn't want you to be mad because I didn't respond to your call. ( I did try to call before I texted). I said nope. Then she proceeds to say that she will probably need surgery etc and then says "oh here comes the doctor I got to go."

I know this game all to well.

I know it sounds awful but I know she doesn't have cancer.

When I had Ethan she called and said she was raped.
When my sister got married she broke her foot and knocked out a tooth.
When Ashley got married she was in the hospital for something.
When I called her with updates on me and the pregnancy anytime I had a UTI she had one as well.
I call to tell her I am having my birth which just happens to be surgery on the 24th and she says she has cancer and needs surgery.

I told my sister today when she first told me this that she is setting up her scenario so she doesn't have to come visit.

Sure enough two hours later she calls my sister and tells her that she feels bad but she needs to tell me something I won't like. She tells Jen that she won't be able to come out to help once the baby is born because she used up all her sick days and she will need to have surgery to take out the cancer.

Can I tell you that part of me is happy. Isn't that pathetic. I am happy she isn't coming out because I can't deal with the madness. But on the other hand it's just ridiculous. She can't handle any of us getting any attention at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home