Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's a...............




GIRL!!!!

My instincts were right we have a little girl on the way. Now to find her a name.

She has calmed down so much. She was so relaxed in my belly just hanging out not much movement at all. Yesterday her head was looking down and for most of the ultrasound she was back up laying sideways and looking at my back. Her head is on my left side which I am convinced is where she has been for a while now because that is the biggest part of her body and that's where I feel all the movement.
She brought her hand to her mouth a couple of times but overall she is very laid back. From my experience with my other kids they have pretty much have stayed at the same activity level they were at when they were in my womb. So hopefully, we will have a nice calm, easy going child. It would be a nice ending to the family. : )

Now a little bit about how my other kids reacted. Emma had a huge grin on her face from the moment the baby popped up on the screen. They have a really nice setup there. The ultrasound tech has her monitor to take her measurements on and there is also a big screen tv right in front of the table that has the image on it as well. It's nice to just lay there and be able to see everything without her having to pull the monitor back to take measurements. She took all the head measurements and belly measurements before she went to look at the genitals. So it took us a while to find out which was ok. Her heart rate was 153 bpm which again has gone up since my last visit. When the tech finally looked and said "well guys I don't see boy parts, so it's a girl." Ethan lost it. He kind of raised his voice and said "No lady I told you I wanted a boy!" As if she could change the outcome. Then he started crying. I am such a horrible mom, I was laughing at him the whole time because I couldn't believe a 3 yr old would react like that. I didn't know he cared that much. I did feel bad for him but it was so cute all at the same time.

So that's about it. I am still in shock that we are having a girl. I had this strong feeling this time it was a girl and I just can't believe I was right. I am so excited. There are such cute baby girls clothes out there I am excited to get everything for her.
This time around I need a new car seat and stroller because mine did not last. I got 2 kids out of the first one so I guess that's not too bad. However I was so practical the first time around. I bought the car seat and stroller in neutral colors because I knew I would use it again.
My dad and step mom (without asking) said they wanted to get me something nice and said they would buy the stroller car seat combo for me. Thank God...that's such a blessing. But I will tell you this....it's my last baby she's a girl and I am buying a pink one! If they have the one I want at the store it will be pink for sure. I am going all out girlie this time.

Oh yah and one more thing. Even though I was only 18 weeks and 4 days at my ultrasound they are saying she is measuring at 19 weeks 2 days (this one is obviously more accurate then the first ultrasound) and that she weighs 10 ounces. It's amazing you can be halfway through your pregnancy and the baby only weighs 10 ounces. I know that my not weight gain up to this point is all over. Baby girl needs to gain some weight!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home